Wellbeing, Health, Attendance and Mentality
Outreach for Schools
NET Academies Trust Schools are highly respected for its proactive approach to child mental health and wellbeing to support learning.
We offer a range of half-day training modules to develop learning from successful and proven approaches.
• Staff wellbeing
• Practical Approaches and Strategies
• Wider experiences and character development
• Physical wellbeing ethos
• Healthy mindsets
Plus – 1:1 sessions for schools at Longwood Primary Academy OR your own school.
Longwood Primary Academy is currently impacting on the national agenda through work with charities, publishers and national debates.
Its successes have included:
• PROGRESS approach published by EPI (Education Policy Institute).
• Longwood Primary Academy became part of Strategic Team for YoungMinds’ Wise Up! Campaign.
• NATIONAL Place2Be Awards: Cerys Kenny - Child Champion Winner.
• NATIONAL Place2Be Awards: Highly commended community.
• OUTSTANDING contribution to Emotional Wellbeing 2017 – Essex
• Longwood Primary Academy’s approach to wellbeing featured in book - ‘Learners without Labels’.
• OUTSTANDING personal development, behaviour and welfare (Ofsted 2017).
• Speakers for Modern Gov, and Essex Mental Health Conference.
• NET release of ‘An Educator’s Guide to Mental Health and Wellbeing in Schools’ based on the Longwood Approach.
• Speakers at the House of Commons ‘What Next for Mental Health in Schools?’
• Speakers at Essex Healthy Schools Awards.
• OUTSTANDING contribution to Emotional Wellbeing 2018 – Essex.
• Enhanced Healthy Schools Status.
What Ofsted say about our approach (November 2017)
The quality of teaching has improved markedly and the quality of care and contribution to pupils’ well-being is excellent.
Parents are remarkably positive about all aspects of the school and very nearly all would recommend it. The reputation of the school has risen and, as a result, pupil numbers are increasing.
The school’s work to provide care and support to enable pupils to flourish is exemplary.
There is a wide range of extra-curricular activities at the beginning and end of the school day, contributing to the school’s ‘the mind, body and soul experience’.