NET’s Core Values
The National Education Trust is a values-led organisation, and all our work is underpinned by our core values:
- We are all capable of achieving excellence;
- We are inclusive and challenging of disadvantage;
- We behave with integrity;
- We seek high challenge and robust enquiry.
Within the education arena, NET applies these core values in three main areas: Education Services; Policy, Research and Practice; and Academy Sponsorship. Our work is characterised by a single, three-strand mission:
- Address educational disadvantage;
- Develop great leadership and learning;
- Sustain excellence in the classroom.
In tireless pursuit of this mission, we will:
- Champion the potential of all children;
- Achieve excellence in the NET academies and in our work with partner schools;
- Support sector-wide development of education through influencing and developing education policy and research;
- Produce and promote high quality, innovative, value for money school improvement products and services;
- Develop innovative and affordable professional development opportunities.
Achieving Excellence in the NET Academies
Within the NET academies, Excellence as Standard will be achieved by:
- Securing outstanding leadership at all levels within the school;
- Appointing highly qualified, excellent teaching, administrative and learning support staff;
- Investing in staff and governor development and learning;
- Establishing a regular forum for students and families to discuss views with school leaders and governors;
- Developing excellent governance and strategic planning, including legal, promotional and financial management.
As an academy we aim to provide an excellent education for every child so that each individual is allowed to achieve their very best in an environment where everyone is valued and respected.