Welcome to Year 6!
Well done Year 6! Everyone has worked incredibly hard over the year, especially in the last few months in the lead up to our exams. You all gave it your best and we are very proud of you.
Now that SATs are over, Year 6 are going to be turning their attention to several things:
- Our topic work on Prehistoric Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age
- Collecting cross curricular writing evidence
- Our production of Cinderella and Rockerfella
- Transition work to be ready for moving onto new schools
Parents, please remember to check ‘Parent Pay’ to make your payments for our workshop sessions and trips.
Homework grids are stuck into their Reading record. One homework task should be completed each week, and handed in every Friday.
15 minutes of reading should be completed daily and pupils are expected to write a comment about what they have read into their Reading Record.
Each week they receive 10 spellings on a Friday which are tested the following Thursday.
There will also be a weekly arithmetic paper on Thursdays and times table test each Friday.
Pupils should also be learning and practising lines and songs for the production.
- Monday 26th June (Austen Class) – Art Lab (collect and bring in recycling to use to build)
- Tuesday 27th June (Bronte Class) – Art Lab (collect and bring in recycling to use to build)
- Friday 7th July – Woolley Firs Education Centre Trip to (£6 donation via parent pay)
- Thursday 13th July (Afternoon) – Sports Day
- Wednesday 19th July (10.30am and 4.30pm) – Year5/6 Production of Cinderella and Rockerfella
- Thursday 20th July (2pm) – Leavers Assembly
- Friday 21st July – Last Day (wearing jeans and leavers t-shirts; bring a clean shirt if you want to get it signed by everyone)
For Year 6 homework this term please click below
(Click on the different tabs along the top to choose a different area of literacy)
(Click on the different tabs along the top to choose a different area of maths)
Thank you for your ongoing support.
Mrs Davies and Mr George