Ethos and Values
Battle Primary Academy is a welcoming, caring school, where adults are committed to the education of our pupils. Our children are happy and positive about their school and talk with enthusiasm for their learning. Our small team of Governors is actively engaged in providing high standards of education for all; where pupils are well prepared for the next stage of their education careers and are responsible contributors to society.
Our vision is to be a school where all learners experience a breadth of opportunities designed to develop their talents and abilities and recognise their contribution to society.
In response to the ever-changing demands of the 21st century, the school provides a safe, continually improving and inspirational educational environment, making innovative and appropriate use of technologies, so that pupils, staff and the community develop as confident, independent learners with high aspirations. Effective teaching and learning ensures that all learners’ capacity to be resourceful and adaptable individuals is developed, so that change and challenge is embraced and that the qualities of resilience and self-confidence are fostered.
At the core of the vision is a concept of Battle Primary Academy as the dynamic heart of a flourishing learning community, where high quality on-going professional training and development plus mutually beneficial relationships with the National Education Trust Academies Trust (NETAT) and their wide ranging network enhance the opportunities and experiences for all learners. Our partnerships encompass the local community and connect with wider learning communities nationally and eventually, internationally.
Underpinning the vision is the following set of core values. All pupils and staff are required to:
- Be self-respecting individuals who take personal responsibility for their own learning and conduct
- Work hard and achieve their very best
- Show respect for, and tolerance of, others and the world in which we live
- Be sensitive to the needs of others demonstrating the capacity to empathise with the experiences of people from diverse communities and backgrounds
- Display determination, self-discipline and resilience and to be confident to take ‘risks’
- Be able to respond positively to the challenges they will encounter in the changing learning, work and social environments they will encounter in the 21st century
NET’s Core Values
The National Education Trust is a values-led organisation, and all our work is underpinned by our core values:
- We are all capable of achieving excellence;
- We are inclusive and challenging of disadvantage;
- We behave with integrity;
- We seek high challenge and robust enquiry.
Within the education arena, NET applies these core values in three main areas: Education Services; Policy, Research and Practice; and Academy Sponsorship. Our work is characterised by a single, three-strand mission:
- Address educational disadvantage;
- Develop great leadership and learning;
- Sustain excellence in the classroom.
In tireless pursuit of this mission, we will:
- Champion the potential of all children;
- Achieve excellence in the NET academies and in our work with partner schools;
- Support sector-wide development of education through influencing and developing education policy and research;
- Produce and promote high quality, innovative, value for money school improvement products and services;
- Develop innovative and affordable professional development opportunities.
Achieving Excellence in the NET Academies
Within the NET academies, Excellence as Standard will be achieved by:
- Securing outstanding leadership at all levels within the school;
- Appointing highly qualified, excellent teaching, administrative and learning support staff;
- Investing in staff and governor development and learning;
- Establishing a regular forum for students and families to discuss views with school leaders and governors;
- Developing excellent governance and strategic planning, including legal, promotional and financial management.