I am privileged to be Head of School at Abbotsweld Primary Academy and would like to welcome you to our school. We are committed to providing the highest quality educational experience for our pupils, helping to prepare them as confident and articulate, global citizens ready to embrace an ever changing world.
Through our creative and engaging curriculum – with stunning starts, marvellous middles and awesome enders – we ensure that pupils develop a passion for learning and curiosity that will develop high aspirations and a lifetime of memories.
We also have high expectations of exemplary behaviour and courtesy following our ‘Operation Abbotsweld’ charter. This is accompanied by a well-being network where we work with Place2Be Charity, offer free Breakfast Clubs for all pupils and even have our own reading dog, Calli.
Our fantastic team of teachers have an unrelenting focus on excellence and a strong commitment to high quality teaching and learning. We believe in the development of the whole child as an individual and endeavour to encourage well-rounded pupils who are ready for the next stage in their education journey.
We welcome visits from prospective parents and pupils all year round. Please take time to look at our website and if you would like to find out more please do not hesitate to contact us.
Comments from the DfE advisor visit on 14th June 2016:
The school has made great progress since they became sponsored by NET. All schools are securing better outcomes for pupils.
The adviser also praised:
- Successful implementation of the trust’s values and vision
- Relentless focus on high expectations
- Carefully crafted layered approach to school improvement
- Quality specialist teaching
- Positive impact of lead practitioner teachers in English and mathematics
- A robust pupil tracking and assessment system
- Consistent practice across the schools
- Staff speak positively about the support they receive from the school and the trust
Twitter: @net_harlowpe Facebook: Net Academies Harlow PE